On The Death Of Ladie Caesar – Death Poems
Though Death to good men be the greatest boone,
I dare not think this Lady dyde so soone.
She should have livde for others: Poor mens want
Should make her stande, though she herselfe should faynt.
What though her vertuous deeds did make her seeme
Of equall age with old Methusalem?
Shee should have livde the more, and ere she fell
Have stretcht her little Span unto an Ell.
May wee not thinke her in a sleep or sowne,
Or that shee only tries her bedde of grounde?
Besides the life of Fame, is shee all deade?
As deade as Vertue, which together fledde:
As dead as men without it: and as cold
As Charity, that long ago grewe old.
Those eyes of pearle are under marble sett,
And now the Grave is made the Cabinett.
Tenne or an hundred doe not loose by this,
But all mankinde doth an Example misse.
A little earth cast upp betweene her sight
And us eclypseth all the world with night.
What ere Disease, to flatter greedy Death,
Hath stopt the organ of such harmlesse breath,
May it bee knowne by a more hatefull name
Then now the Plague: and for to quell the same
May all Physitians have an honest will:
May Pothecaries learne the Doctors skill:
May wandring Mountebanks, and which is worse
May an old womans medicine have the force
To vanquish it, and make it often flie,
Till Destiny on’s servant learne to die.
May death itselfe, and all its Armory
Bee overmatcht with one poore Recipe.
What need I curse it? for, ere Death will kill
Another such, so farre estrang’d from ill,
So fayre, so kinde, so wisely temperate,
Time will cutt off the very life of Fate.
To make a perfect Lady was espyde
No want in her of anything but Pride:
And as for wantonnesse, her modesty
Was still as coole as now her ashes bee.
Seldome hath any Daughter lesse than her
Favourde the stampe of Eve her grandmother.
Her soule was like her body; both so cleare
As that a brighter eye than mans must peere
To finde a Blott; nor can wee yet suspect
But only by her Death the least defect:
And were not that the wages due to Sinne
Wee might beleeve that spotlesse she had bin.
(Poem by William Strode)
- That’s Immortality – Death PoemsWhen I pass… I’ll be young and looking my best. Wrap me in silk shrouds And place shiny pearls On my chest. Sent me above to the clouds Into the alluring after world. Everyone will remember me, That’s immortality. Everyone will love me when I’m gone. They will say I was wise, skilled and strong-willed […]
- Some People Say It’s Selfish – Suicide PoemsSome people say it’s selfish. Some say it’s stupid. Everyone says its a permanent solution, to a temporary problem. I’ve heard all the reasons, I’ve heard all the pleads. But tonight is the night Suicide shall end my life. (Poem by Sammi Haley) […]
- Remember Me – Sad PoemsI came to visit, did you see? I left a note for you, did you see? I miss you, I miss you, Three words that matter so little. Sometimes, I need you now. I polished it, again and again, Until the marble glowed. For the briefest second, I could’ve sworn I felt you presence. “I […]
- Groody – Death PoemsGroody blew spices, it sounded like jazz in the south but that was a long time ago. When he kicked the bucket all the neighborhood kids hushed outside, thinking he would come back and play if they were quiet. The folks who danced to his sound, when he played in town never went back there […]
- That’s Immortality – Death Poems
More on Sympathy
- Ron & Shirley Lundquist on When Someone Becomes Memory – Sympathy Card
- Don Norton on When Someone Becomes Memory – Sympathy Card
- joel on Sympathy SMS Text Messages
- Joe on Paradise Lost: Book 04 by John Milton
- Isitru on Sympathy SMS Text Messages
- mode201 on Now Art Has Lost Its Mental Charms – Lost Poems
- Charlie on To Eva – Sympathy Poems
- Mr. Cialis on Paradise Lost: Book 04 by John Milton
- Henry Cold on Sorrows Interest by Gary R. Ferris – Sorrow Poems
- Yvette & Yuette on Tomorrow Starts Without Me – Words of Sympathy
TagsAbortion Poems Abortion Poems and Poetry Baptism Poems Dark Poems Death Death Poems Death Poems and Poetry Depression Poems Depression Poems and Poetry Farewell Poems Funeral Poems Goodbye Poems Hope Poems Jesus Poems Loss Poems Lost Poems Pain Pain Poems Sad Poems Sorrow Poems Sorrow Poems and Poetry Stress Poems Stress Poems and Poetry Suicide Poems Sympathy Sympathy Card Sympathy e card Sympathy Flash Cards Sympathy Flash Greetings Sympathy Mp3 Scrap codes Sympathy Poem Sympathy Poems Sympathy Quotations Sympathy Quotes Sympathy Sayings Sympathy Scraps Sympathy SMS Sympathy Songs Sympathy Text Sympathy Text Messages Words of Sympathy